Throwing the meat into the pan and after a couple of minutes serving it to the table is not all. With passion we study the technique of preparing the most beloved dish for men
TYPES OF STEAK
In general, steak meat is divided into classic and alternative cuts. The former include, for example, rib-eye and striploin, the latter include more difficult-to-handle machetes and skirt from the diaphragm, flank from the flank, top blade and flat iron from the shoulder blade, picanha and sirloin from the sacrum.
STEAK COOKING DEGREES
Each steak is cooked differently, depending on its fat content and fiber structure. There are 5 main degrees of doneness: rare (the meat is barely frightened by fire), medium rare (a crust has formed, but the inside remains almost raw), medium (fully warmed up, but the middle remains raw), medium well (barely pink inside) and welldone (fully cooked meat).
When the type of steak and the degree of roasting are selected, it remains only to cook it correctly. All recipes are individual, but the frying technique remains the same:
- We cut or take the steaks out of the package, blot with a paper towel so that there is no excess moisture. The steak should be at room temperature so it cooks evenly.
- Heat a frying pan or grill, grease the steaks with vegetable oil. You can salt the steak before or after frying, but pepper and herbs are added only at the end so that they do not burn.
- Put the steak in a hot skillet or in a high heat area on the grill. Fry quickly on each side until a light crust forms over the entire surface.
- Reduce the heat to medium or shift the steak to a medium heat zone and fry the steak on each side until the desired doneness. You can check the roasting by time, by the density of meat or by a culinary thermometer.
- Remove the steak from the pan or grill and let it “rest” for 2-3 minutes. During this time, the meat is cooked at the expense of its own juices.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve the steak on a warm plate so that it does not cool too quickly.
- The ideal thickness of the steak is 2-3 cm. This makes it easier to get into the right roast;
- Large steaks can not be fried, but sent to the oven for 15-20 minutes;
- If grilling, flip the steak so that the grate marks form a nice grid;
- The taste of marbled beef is very bright, it is usually seasoned only with salt and pepper;
- Do not use “heavy” side dishes. Fried meat is better absorbed paired with salads and vegetables.
- Be sure to cut the finished steak across the fibers, so the meat will be much more tender.
- How to fry the perfect steak at home
- Wash the meat before cooking. Is it dirty then?
- After buying, put the steak in the freezer. It’s probably best to keep it that way.
- They say that beef is always tough, so the steak must be beaten or marinated properly.
- The steak must be fully cooked so that the meat is dark gray. You can’t eat uncooked meat.
- To check doneness, it is best to make a cut in the middle of the steak. It is unlikely that the meat will lose its juiciness.
- Along with the steak, you need to buy ready-made sauce. Most likely, only with sauce meat will be tasty and juicy.