Secrets of Cooking a Delicious Steak
Many men and women love deliciously cooked steaks. This is such a popular food that entire cafes and restaurants make it the main dish on the menu.
At first glance, it seems that it is easy to cook. However, there are many nuances that you need to know in order to make a delicious and incomparable steak, the smell of which is intoxicating from the very first seconds.
In today’s article, Dorkfuel magazine will share the secrets of choosing and preparing the perfect steak.
Optimal cut of meat
The right thickness is important for the steak. Thin pieces can, of course, be grilled or oven-baked, but they are tricky to work with. If the meat is cooked for an extra minute or two, it may turn not into a tasty steak, but into a rubber plate. Thick pieces are easier to handle, as there is less risk of overcooking them.
Experienced cooks recommend making steaks of at least two centimeters regardless of the cooking method.
Some people are confused by the streaks of fat that go through the cut. However, without them, the meat will turn out to be dry and not as tasty. The veins tend to melt at high temperatures, saturating the meat fibers with a delicate taste. But to keep the steak from being greasy, choose a product with thin veins, and not with chunks of fat.
How to cook a steak in the oven
PREPARATION OF FOOD AND CONDITIONS
A couple of hours before cooking, rub the meat with salt on one side and place in the refrigerator with the salty side on top. Do not cover the steak. The salt will remove excess water from the meat and make it more tender. This is a dry pickling method. There is also a wet one, which consists in placing the product in salt water. However, experts advise using the dry method.
After a few hours, rinse the salt off the surface and dry the product with a paper towel. Next, you need to rub the sides of the meat with a clove of garlic, and also sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can season the steak to taste.
The next step is to put the steak on a platter in the freezer for half an hour without wrapping it in plastic or covering it. Place a paper towel on the dish to absorb excess liquid. You can place a few pencils under the meat to raise it above the plate. In this way, air will penetrate to it from all sides. The meat should be in the freezer for no more than 45 minutes so that it does not freeze. The listed manipulations contribute to good roasting, and therefore improve the taste of food.
You need to set the oven temperature to 90 degrees. Although it is small, it allows you to bake the steak evenly. It is advisable to install the dish rack in the middle or slightly lower. Take a cooking thermometer and set it to 57 degrees.
1. Remove the meat from the freezer. Place a cast iron skillet over high heat for five minutes. It should be hot enough. Turn on the hood, as there will be a lot of smoke.
2. Pour oil into the hot pan so that it is evenly distributed over the coating.
3. Place the steak in the skillet. Best with forceps. After a minute, turn the meat over when one side turns brown. Fry the second side for a minute. The purpose of this roast is to enhance flavor and aroma.
4. Turn off the fire. Lift the meat and place 4-5 rosemary branches underneath. Place the steak back in the skillet.
5. Insert the thermometer into the meat so that it does not touch the sides of the pan. Place the meat in the oven. Do not cover it with a lid.
6. Wait for the thermometer signal in about half an hour.
7. After the signal, take the meat out of the oven and transfer it to a dish or board. Take a sprig of rosemary and use it (like a brush) to brush the meat on both sides with the juice left in the pan.
How to defrost meat properly?
The hot bath method is used to defrost the product. You need to fill the pan with 52 ° C water, place the meat in a plastic zip bag without excess air and put it in the pan under a press so that the defrosting is uniform. The water should be mixed regularly. Defrosting time depends on the thickness of the meat and its volume.
Knowing the intricacies of preparing and preparing a steak, you can make a dish better than in the restaurant. Meat steak, especially in combination with vegetables and herbs, saturates well, and it is a pleasure to eat it.