nsidious diseases can “hide” in the body for a long time, developing and gaining your vitality. Until a certain time, they do not cause complaints.
Today, almost all laboratories and clinics offer a check-up – a complete preventive medical examination, which are designed specifically for the male sex. Such surveys include various analyzes.
Priority medical examinations for men
Doctors strongly recommend that you undergo the most important examinations of the body upon reaching the age of 30.
The first analysis to be taken. Do it in the morning, donate blood on an empty stomach. It is very important not to smoke or drink alcohol before this period. You need to pass these types of blood tests:
- general analysis with leukocyte count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR);
- detailed biochemical analysis, which necessarily includes the following indicators: C-reactive protein, potassium-sodium-chlorine, serum iron, urea, creatinine, alkaline phosphase, LDH, cholesterol fractions (lipid profile), GGT, AST, ALT, bilirubin , total protein. A man over 40 needs to take an additional blood test for uric acid, homocysteine, alpha-amylase, protein fractions, glycated hemoglobin and blood glucose;
- general blood analysis
- a blood clotting test or, as it is called, a coagulogram (the older the man, the more important it is to take such an analysis);
- examination of the hormonal system for free testosterone (by the way, even at a young age, a man may have a decrease in testosterone levels, which means there will be difficulties in the intimate sphere. A man over 40 needs to be tested for parathyroid hormone (parathyroid hormone) and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH);
- markers of prostate disease and tumor markers (free and total PSA). A man over 50 is recommended to take markers for cancer diseases, such as Cyfra 21-1, CA 72-4, CA 19-9, CEA);
- hospital complex of tests (for syphilis, hepatitis C and B, HIV).
Body research methods
Doctors use various instrumental examination methods, in particular:
- Ultrasound of the abdomen (done on an empty stomach);
- Ultrasound of the prostate gland;
- Ultrasound of the vessels of the neck and head (brachiocephalic vessels), relevant for men over 40-50 years old;
- EGDS (esophagogastroduodenoscopy – examine the duodenum, stomach, esophagus);
- endoscopic examination of the colon or colonoscopy after the age of fifty, it is necessary to do it once every 10 years;
- fluorography, and even better, plain radiography of the respiratory organs;
ECG (electrocardiography) is an examination of the heart available to everyone. Doctors strongly recommend having an ECG after 40 years of age every year, and if there is heart disease – at least once every 6 months.
Independent types of examinations for men
medical examination man
Not all examinations have to be done in the hospital, there are some that you can do at home. For example, purchasing a tonometer and using it regularly will show you if the pressure is normal, if there are any surges.
It is imperative to measure blood pressure with frequent headaches, weakness, dizziness, swelling. In modern models of tonometers, the functions of measuring the pulse are built-in, and in some there is a signal about disturbances in the heart rhythm. A pressure of 120/70 mm Hg is considered normal. But here everything is individual. This indicator is average, approved by the WHO.
If you suspect you have type 2 diabetes mellitus, then be sure to check your blood glucose level with a glucometer. With the help of a scarifier, you need to puncture your finger and take one drop of blood on an empty stomach.
A glucose value of no more than 5.5 mmol / liter is considered normal. If you see a figure in the range from 5.6 to 6.0 mmol / liter, then this may signal a pre-diabetes condition.
A disease such as diabetes mellitus is diagnosed with a rate of 6.1 mmol / liter. But do not forget that the meter has an error of up to 10% and if you see the limit value, it is better to contact your doctor.
male health organism
Also, you can independently determine whether you have abdominal obesity. Stand up straight, without drawing in your stomach, measure the circumference of your waist in the navel area. Among Europeans, 94 cm is considered the norm for men.
In addition, you can calculate your BMI (body mass index) and understand if your weight is normal or not. It should not exceed the reading of 25.0 kg / m2. Calculating it is simple: divide your weight in kilograms by the square of your height in meters.
Let’s say a man’s weight is 77 kg, height is 170 cm. To calculate BMI you need 77 / (1.70 * 1.70) Its approximate figure is 26.64 kg / m2. This means that a man needs to lose weight, he is in the pre-obesity stage.
Do not forget that home tests do not mean that you are perfectly healthy and that you do not need to go to the doctor. Prevention is a great and correct tactic if you take care of yourself. After all, if there is a problem, then it should be treated as early as possible.
Do not forget that you still need to provide not only yourself, but also your family (present or future – it does not matter), as well as set an example for your children.